Having an internet presence is vital in maintaining the relevancy of an organization, especially in social media, because of the broader coverage of the interested audience. Social media helps to create a Professional Learning Network, which is essential in helping individuals to keep a circle of interested parties involved in the same discipline (Miller, 2021). Having diverse social media brings out the benefits of access to a range of professionals in PLN with different abilities that can benefit personal careers (Moore, 2017). The diversity of my PLN involves the networks that cover my abilities, contributing to my professional life. In my business setting, social media plays a huge role in helping to create messages of inclusivity by grouping interested parties and assisting in exchanging goods and services among our community.

The diversity of voices in my PLN is vital in learning sophisticated skillsets in my professional work and helping in understanding the views of others. Interaction with people on my social media platforms has given me the confidence to discuss my progress and career challenges (Moore, 2017). The learning outcome of my PLN has contributed to my different developing strategies to improve my performance in my profession (Miller, 2021). Having benefited from the PLN on social media, I have set out various measures to increase my exposure to diversity and inclusion. I have joined different professional groups on social media that are inclined to my interest as a profession; the groups are on Twitter, Linked in, and Facebook.

Belonging to various PLNs using social media has allowed me to meet like-minded people who have developed my skillset and exposed me to new ideas. My thinking about inclusion has evolved by bringing a perspective that working in groups is much more beneficial than operating alone. Social media is essential for inclusion in a professional setting because it brings together like-minded people in a seeming less manner that makes communication easy to manage. Using social media helps to group people in the categories of their abilities and talents, which helps improve the input of individuals to their professions, including the business community.

Miller. (2021, May 30). PLN Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Media [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSV0rUl1bA

Moore, S. (2017). One without the other. Stories of unity through diversity and inclusion. Retrieved from https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/uvic/reader.action?docID=4832579&ppg=11